2021 Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity & Engine Specs
If you’re looking for a new compact SUV, there’s a good chance that the 2021 Chevy Equinox has made your shortlist. It comes with great standard features and lots of upgrade options, but one big highlight is its performance. You can see this in the Chevy Equinox towing capacity, which goes up to 3,500 pounds with the right equipment. Buffalo drivers can learn more about Chevy Equinox engine options and towing tools below!
Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity: Engines
The max Chevy Equinox towing capacity allows Cheektowaga drivers to use this compact SUV to haul a small boat, trailer, or camper. You’ll need the engine upgrade to get 3,500 pounds, but the starter turbocharged engine still has its perks.
Standard EcoTec 1.5L Turbocharged Engine:
- FWD: GCWR of 5,247 pounds
- AWD: GCWR of 5,467 pounds
- 1,500 pounds Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity
Available 2.0L Turbocharged Engine
- GCWR rating of 7,694 pounds
- 3,500 pounds Chevy Equinox towing capacity with tow package
Good towing isn’t the only benefit of the Chevy Equinox engine. You also have an impressive 26/31 city/hwy gas mileage!
Chevy Equinox Trailering Tips
As noted above, the Chevy Equinox Towing Package is necessary for you to achieve the maximum Chevy Equinox towing capacity. We’ve assembled a guide below for Lancaster drivers who want to know exactly how much the Chevy Equinox can tow:
- Trailering Suggestions: Chevy recommends a trailer tongue weight that doesn’t exceed 10-15% of the GCWR. This means that, using the correct equipment, you can up the towing capacity by another 1,000 pounds! Consult a local parts center to find the right equipment for your needs.
- Campers: The 1.5L engine can easily handle a teardrop camper. The more robust 2.0L engine will be able to tow larger campers like the Airstream Caravel.
- Trailers: It’s not just campers that work with the Chevy Equinox. You can even use this SUV with trailers! For example, a 77-inch X 10 foot trailer like the Big Tex 35SV utility trailer will work with the Equinox.
Maximize your SUV Performance with Joe Basil Chevrolet
As the Chevy Equinox towing capacity shows us, there’s plenty to love in Chevy performance across the board. At Joe Basil Chevrolet, we’ve got the Equinox in addition to a team of Chevy-trained technicians to help Depew drivers get the performance they need on their vehicles. Contact us today to set up a test drive in the Equinox and experience its interior, or anything else in our new inventory.
More from Joe Basil Chevrolet
Looking for a small, sporty SUV that delivers plenty of style and substance for all your Buffalo and Cheektowaga drives? Look no further than the Chevy Trailblazer, a more compact alternative to the automaker’s legendary Blazer. The 2024 model year will usher in some notable changes to the Trailblazer design and amenities. Preview the…
Since electric vehicles started growing in popularity, a handful of auto retailers have released their respective muscle cars in a redesigned, repackaged, electric, or hybrid version. And let’s be honest – what would any group of electric muscle or sports cars be without the addition of “America’s Sports Car” itself – the Chevrolet Corvette? Slated…
When Buffalo residents think of a Chevy Silverado, words like “sturdy” and “reliable” immediately come to mind. These are features you can count on year in and year out with pretty much every version of the Silverado that comes to market. The Chevrolet brand has meticulously cultivated the Silverado into a symbol of the…