2021 Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity & Engine Specs
If you’re looking for a new compact SUV, there’s a good chance that the 2021 Chevy Equinox has made your shortlist. It comes with great standard features and lots of upgrade options, but one big highlight is its performance. You can see this in the Chevy Equinox towing capacity, which goes up to 3,500 pounds with the right equipment. Buffalo drivers can learn more about Chevy Equinox engine options and towing tools below!
Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity: Engines
The max Chevy Equinox towing capacity allows Cheektowaga drivers to use this compact SUV to haul a small boat, trailer, or camper. You’ll need the engine upgrade to get 3,500 pounds, but the starter turbocharged engine still has its perks.
Standard EcoTec 1.5L Turbocharged Engine:
- FWD: GCWR of 5,247 pounds
- AWD: GCWR of 5,467 pounds
- 1,500 pounds Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity
Available 2.0L Turbocharged Engine
- GCWR rating of 7,694 pounds
- 3,500 pounds Chevy Equinox towing capacity with tow package
Good towing isn’t the only benefit of the Chevy Equinox engine. You also have an impressive 26/31 city/hwy gas mileage!
Chevy Equinox Trailering Tips
As noted above, the Chevy Equinox Towing Package is necessary for you to achieve the maximum Chevy Equinox towing capacity. We’ve assembled a guide below for Lancaster drivers who want to know exactly how much the Chevy Equinox can tow:
- Trailering Suggestions: Chevy recommends a trailer tongue weight that doesn’t exceed 10-15% of the GCWR. This means that, using the correct equipment, you can up the towing capacity by another 1,000 pounds! Consult a local parts center to find the right equipment for your needs.
- Campers: The 1.5L engine can easily handle a teardrop camper. The more robust 2.0L engine will be able to tow larger campers like the Airstream Caravel.
- Trailers: It’s not just campers that work with the Chevy Equinox. You can even use this SUV with trailers! For example, a 77-inch X 10 foot trailer like the Big Tex 35SV utility trailer will work with the Equinox.
Maximize your SUV Performance with Joe Basil Chevrolet
As the Chevy Equinox towing capacity shows us, there’s plenty to love in Chevy performance across the board. At Joe Basil Chevrolet, we’ve got the Equinox in addition to a team of Chevy-trained technicians to help Depew drivers get the performance they need on their vehicles. Contact us today to set up a test drive in the Equinox and experience its interior, or anything else in our new inventory.
More from Joe Basil Chevrolet
Defining the compact crossover SUV class by delivering everything from high fuel economy ratings to easy maneuverability, the 2021 Chevy Trax hits every spot for Buffalo drivers. Take a closer look at the 2021 Chevy Trax interior and you’ll be even more impressed. There’s more space here than you’ll probably expect, plus a wide…
The 2021 Chevrolet Equinox is a compact SUV that makes a large statement with its roomy, well-equipped interior. When you step inside of the Chevy Equinox interior, you’ll discover high-tech connectivity features, comfort amenities, and a lot of cargo space. Read on to learn more about the Chevy Equinox dimensions, cargo space, and more…
If you’re looking for a new compact SUV, there’s a good chance that the 2021 Chevy Equinox has made your shortlist. It comes with great standard features and lots of upgrade options, but one big highlight is its performance. You can see this in the Chevy Equinox towing capacity, which goes up to 3,500…