2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
If you are on the hunt for a versatile SUV but you also do not want to be stopping at the Buffalo gas station frequently, we highly recommend the 2022 Chevy Equinox. The Chevy Equinox gas mileage is highly competitive in the segment, making it an excellent addition to your Cheektowaga garage. So, what is the fuel economy of a Chevy Equinox? Chevy Equinox fuel economy ratings reach up to 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its base-level engine. Learn more about the Equinox’s performance specifications and how your choice of drivetrain affects Chevy Equinox gas mileage below.
Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy by Drivetrain
Across all models in the Equinox lineup, you will find an efficient 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder under the hood. You will have the choice of front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive depending on your preference. Keep in mind that if you opt for AWD, Chevy Equinox gas mileage will dip slightly.
- 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
Equinox Engine Specs
We have now answered, “What is the fuel economy of a Chevy Equinox?” You may also be interested in how much power it generates and how much it can tow. Fortunately, the Equinox does not disappoint in either area. This SUV proves that robust power does not have to come at the expense of fuel efficiency.
1.5L turbo 4-cylinder performance specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. towing capacity: 1,500 pounds
Features that Boost Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
The Equinox is equipped with several features that help it perform efficiently on the roads of Lancaster and Depew. See how these features optimize Chevy Equinox gas mileage below.
- Automatic Stop/Start: When the Equinox comes to a full stop and you have your foot on the brake pedal, under certain conditions, the engine will shut off to conserve fuel. As soon as you take your foot off of the brake pedal, the engine will instantaneously and automatically start back up again. You can save quite a bit of fuel at long traffic lights!
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): If your tires are not inflated properly, it can decrease the efficiency of your vehicle. Fortunately, the Equinox comes with a tire pressure monitoring system as a standard feature. A TPMS will provide an alert when your tires are not inflated to the recommended PSI.
Experience the Efficient Equinox at Joe Basil Chevrolet Today
We’ve only scratched the surface of what you can expect from the fan-favorite Equinox. That is why we invite you to our Depew showroom to see what else it has in store. Contact us today for more information or to set up a test drive. In the meantime, you can learn all about the available color options for the latest Equinox.
More from Joe Basil Chevrolet
The 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer configurations are making a bold impression on the roads of Buffalo and Cheektowaga. Which of the Chevy Trailblazer trims has caught your attention? Explore your options below with Joe Basil Chevrolet, and once you find a favorite, we invite you to stop by our showroom to take it for a spin. We’re…
More and more Buffalo drivers are making the switch to an eco-friendly vehicle, so it is no surprise that so many are drawn to the Chevy Bolt EV and the Chevy Bolt EUV. Both have so much to offer Cheektowaga shoppers, ranging from fully-electric performance to state-of-the-art technology features. The Bolt is also quite…
The Chevy Colorado is a midsize truck that was designed to impress when it comes to towing power. Chevy towing capacity is legendary, and the Colorado is no exception. The team at Joe Basil Chevrolet takes a closer look at the Chevy Colorado towing capacity for each configuration. We look forward to helping you find a…