How to Program a Chevy Key Fob
If you just bought a new Chevy, you’re about to realize the convenience of a Chevy remote start key fob for hands-free locking and unlocking. You also get the security of a panic button in-hand thanks to your Chevy Silverado key fob. But first, you’ll need to learn how to program a Chevy key fob. Chevy key fob programming is relatively simple. Read on, and if you have trouble, contact us at Joe Basil Chevrolet in Depew.
Chevy Key Fob Programming
Regardless of whether you have a Chevy Malibu key fob or Chevy Silverado key fob, the programming process is the same. Follow the steps below:
- Manually unlock your vehicle door with your key on the driver’s side.
- Step inside your Chevy cabin and close all the doors.
- Press and hold the unlock button on the driver’s door while simultaneously inserting your key into the ignition. Turn your key to the “On” position, but don’t turn your car on all the way. Your interior lights and radio should come on, but don’t engage the engine.
- Keep holding the unlock button on your door, then, turn your key back to the “Off” position, then turn it to “On” again and right back to “Off” once more in rapid succession.
- Release the unlock button. You’ll hear the doors lock and unlock, signaling that you can begin the programming sequence.
- On the Chevy key fob, press and hold the “Unlock” and “Lock” buttons at the same time until you hear the door lock and unlock again. This means you’ve been successful.
- Re-insert the newly programmed key back into the ignition to the “On” position to end the Chevy key fob programming process.
Now your Chevy remote key fob is ready to use!
Contact Joe Basil Chevrolet for Chevy Key Fob Replacement
If you need a Chevy key fob replacement or new Chevy key fob battery, contact the parts department at Joe Basil Chevrolet near Cheektowaga. We can help you program your Chevy key fob and provide service tips for your Chevy make and model and we can also help you learn how to unlock a steering wheel. Of course, if you’re in the market for a new Chevy vehicle around Lancaster, we can help with that too. Give us a call!