2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds, as well as a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. This is all thanks to the high-strength steel frame, high-end towing features, and strong performance specs the Silverado provides. Learn more about this light-duty pickup, the new Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity, 2020 Chevy Silverado HD configurations, and all it has to offer you and your Buffalo commute with Joe Basil Chevrolet!
Towing Capacity Per Engine
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity can be attributed to its powerful performance. This model offers the choice among three engine options including:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This base engine is standard, providing 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine produces 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,400 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Cheektowaga.
This high-end Chevy was made to make hauling and towing easier no matter how big the job. With its available towing features and package options, you can ensure your Chevy can get the job done right in fewer trips. Here are a few highlights:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, and includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Cheektowaga.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Joe Basil Chevrolet
Once you’re ready to see all the new Chevy Silverado has to offer you and your towing needs, schedule a test drive with Joe Basil Chevrolet. Explore its performance features, interior conveniences, and more on the road! Interested in saving more? Check out our new vehicle specials. If you have any questions in the meantime, want to check out our inventory of used Chevy Silverado models, or want to compare the Chevy Colorado vs. Chevy Silverado, don’t hesitate to contact us!
More From Joe Basil Chevrolet
When you want to ride around Buffalo and look great while doing so, you can’t beat the Chevy Equinox. This SUV is a great ride for many reasons, not the least of which being that it comes in several excellent colors. The 2020 Chevy Equinox colors will have you thinking you made the right choice…
If you’re in the market for a stylish SUV with both the ability to tackle big towing jobs while still being fuel-efficient, check out the Chevy Blazer. When properly equipped, the 2020 Chevy Blazer towing capacity is 4,500 pounds. It also provides an EPA 19/26 estimated city-highway mpg. In addition, the Chevy Blazer is also packed with…
Shopping for a family-friendly 3-row SUV? With more competition in the midsize SUV class than ever, you have lots of choices. As you’ll see below, positive Chevrolet Traverse reviews from industry experts and Depew drivers alike are generating buzz for the 2020 model. What do reviewers like most? From Kelly Blue Book to Edmunds, Chevy…