What is the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity?
The Chevy Silverado has always been a powerhouse on Buffalo roads with its hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame. But, the latest model sets the standard as one of the strongest light-duty trucks around. The Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches an impressive 13,300-pound maximum for the 2021 model year, along with a payload capacity of 2,280 pounds. How does it reach such sky-high figures? Find out with our guide to the Silverado 1500 towing capacity.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
While the Silverado 1500 towing capacity is strong across the board no matter the Silverado price, Chevy offers a wide variety of engine options to suit your needs for the Cheektowaga roads. From gas to diesel, which of the Silverado 1500 engine configurations will you choose for your upcoming adventures?
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard engine generates 285 hp with a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque and towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This available engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, boosting towing capacity up to 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This available engine achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with a 11,500-pound towing max. The same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This available engine generates 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, along with a 11,500-pound towing max.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: The available diesel powertrain pulls out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque with a 9,500-pounds towing capacity.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Silverado 1500 engine options deliver the muscle, but the standard and optional towing features offer control and finesse on the Lancaster roads. Here are just a few of our favorite features:
- Trailering Package: Standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, this comprehensive towing package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: See your surroundings more clearly with a set of optional extended view towing mirrors and tow with complete confidence.
Experience the Silverado with Joe Basil Chevrolet
Want to experience the Silverado 1500 towing features and power up close? Visit Joe Basil Chevrolet in Depew or contact us with any questions. We’re also proud to offer online shopping with home delivery for your convenience.
More from Joe Basil Chevrolet
Defining the compact crossover SUV class by delivering everything from high fuel economy ratings to easy maneuverability, the 2021 Chevy Trax hits every spot for Buffalo drivers. Take a closer look at the 2021 Chevy Trax interior and you’ll be even more impressed. There’s more space here than you’ll probably expect, plus a wide…
The 2021 Chevrolet Equinox is a compact SUV that makes a large statement with its roomy, well-equipped interior. When you step inside of the Chevy Equinox interior, you’ll discover high-tech connectivity features, comfort amenities, and a lot of cargo space. Read on to learn more about the Chevy Equinox dimensions, cargo space, and more…
If you’re looking for a new compact SUV, there’s a good chance that the 2021 Chevy Equinox has made your shortlist. It comes with great standard features and lots of upgrade options, but one big highlight is its performance. You can see this in the Chevy Equinox towing capacity, which goes up to 3,500…